Sunday, July 03, 2022

Magic Letter Writing 

 A letter from Eeyore a donkey from 100 acre woods by EE Milne to me 


 Dear J, 

 I am so happy to hear from you. It's been so long since someone has written to me so reading your letter made me smile . And I don’t smile often. 

 And I loved the writing paper you wrote your letter on and you drew me!! Wow!No one has ever done that for me before ..well! Ok! Maybe Pooh my friend has! 

 This conflict that you mention in your letter of not being ok with who you are ? Is it like not feeling comfortable in your own skin ? And when do you feel this way? 

 Did you know J, I spend a lot of time in sad thoughts and then I look at my tail and I think, “it’s not much of a tail but I’m sort of attached to it” And there goes. You do know I have a tail attached to my body with a nail.It’s an unique tail. But it’s my tail . I love reflecting and my tail helps me do just that.It’s ok to lose a part of ourselves temporarily and then find a way to get it back . I kept losing my tail till I got one nailed onto me. And I feel profoundly conflicted too ?It comes knocking at the doors of my head many a time? I’m often craving for love and keep lamenting and then I see my friends Pooh piglet tigger rabbit and I struggle to receive their friendship.Perhaps it’s ok to not feel ok.. I’m thinking about it too. 

 And yes … I wanted to ask you ? How did you figure out that spending time with animals helps you with this conflict that churns in you . Am so happy to hear about Syrah and Bono ( he’s the new one isn’t he ) in your life, one your zen lady cat and Bono the singing hero. They remind me of my 100 acre wood friends- each so unique yet connected. 

 I love the way you ask in your letter, about your conflict as to ‘what stops you from shining your light ?! Is it the people around you that stop you ? Or society? Is it that you wish to be liked and accepted by all?


 You know I go through this too. Am a blue-grey,grumbling, ‘woe is me’ donkey who brings a rain cloud to the parade. And no one gets me.I like to bemoan my life and I’ve been told that my frown never turns upside down:-( 

 But little things do make me happy like thistles & sugar cubes .. I love eating them. Would eating your favourite food with your family and cats help you find that little spark? 

 I am sending this letter through my ‘wild idea’s’ friend Tigger who loves an adventure and he’s going to give it to Syrah or Bono whoever is out on their stroll and they will bring it to you. 

I’ve got to go now . Pooh is here to give me a hug and I’d like one now and am sending you a hug in this letter too Please keep writing. I'd like to hear more from you.Id love to support you in any way I can. EEYORE
This Magical Letter Writing Exercise was part of my Mental Health Training Module(MHTP) by Ummeed. To evoke the sense of magic and wonder and let one's imagination know no bounds. I wasn't sure how the letter would turn out but when i read it aloud in my supervision group I was emotional! Loved writing this Love Eeyore

No comments: